The Highlands at Dove Mountain in Marana, AZ.
You should have a very short list of pre-swing thoughts that will help with your visualization, posture, grip, aim, ball position, and alignment.
Some examples of Pre-Swing Keys would be like this:
• Visualize the shot you want to play
• Picture the flight of the ball (height, curve, landing spot)
• Get balanced with your weight on the balls of your feet
• Good posture, arms relaxed hanging freely from the shoulders
• Grip pressure light, check grip pressure points
• Ball positioned in the middle of the club face
• Body aimed properly in relation to the target.
Once you have taken the proper address position and checked the pre-swing keys you are working on, clear your thoughts and move to the in-swing keys.
In-Swing Keys would be something like this:
• Weight shift: left foot, right foot
• Hold your finish
• Release the hands into the ball
• Take the club back on an inside path
• Swing on plane
Do not over complicate this! Keep the list short and simple so you can do this quickly and repeat this before each shot. Experiment with keys that best improve your consistency and ball striking.
The point of this exercise is to find swing keys that are simple and get your brain focused on the positive points of your swing.
For more help with your golf game, contact Mark Oswald at email@example.com.